Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Etsy Treasury: Aotearoa

A very special treasury for Bibliographica this morning on Etsy, a tribute to Aotearoa! It's nice when we are put on the map, little us..in such a large online atmosphere... Mr. Kereru made it into the mix. It was an autumn day last year when he came to me, in a box - covered with a soft towel and the tip of a red rose...

Having crashed into a window, he slipped away before the eyes of his mate who painfully searched for him.. These birds are so incredible, their feathers and colouring quite exquisite - I wanted to preserve him with my camera while I could. I was most surprised at the weight of him, it was like carrying a small child. Although I was alone with him during the photo session, I felt like the room was full of people. It was a beautiful energy. I played the Kings College of Cambridge Choir while I photographed him, as loud as my stereo would go.

He has been resting now for a year on a beautiful Waiheke hill...thanks to one particularly talented Island baker.


http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c239bc436a46d91ef9c923c/aotearoa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments & thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...