Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Custom Orders


Inspired by Marie from Softearth's World discussing custom orders, I thought I would reveal my latest creation.

A local and well known personality requested I make a pair of miniature book earrings, and a little journal - like the necklaces but minus the necklace... So I set to work and managed to come up with a lovely pair of goodies. 

The journals (all 3) are filled with tea-stained, hand-torn paper made in Italy, and stitched with archival linen thread. Each is covered with reclaimed leather, featuring a tiny amount of tooled detailing. They even have tiny head and tail bands!

The journal earrings measured 1 x 1.5 cm (and 7 cm in total length), while the larger journal was approximately 3 x 2.5 cm.


I think these babies could be good sellers, so I may get to making a few pairs to try them out. I loved the bohemian look of them as they are long, and incredibly lightweight. Too cute to write in... or not?

3 comments:

  1. They are real cool so tiny, there is magic in saying yes, glad I was some inspiration, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very cute.. People will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous - very bohemian and would be a sales hit I guarantee. I would put wee inspirational words in them if I was the owner :) Thank you for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments & thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...