Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Treasuries & Travel

I've been fortunate enough to be featured in a few treasuries over the last couple of days, two of which I'll include below, which incorporate the same journal! 

 

It interests me how one theme will start a ball rolling in the treasury land, as I often find patterns repeating with colour and form. It makes me wonder, if this is simply out of sheer coincidence, or if members have been inspired by viewing past treasuries. Before I make one I do a search for the topic to see what others have gotten up to - sometimes finding all sorts of things and it has usually been done before. Just like a photograph - someone has always taken a similar image, but never exactly the same.

A tutor told me once, you can ask 12 photographers to each photograph an orange, and you'll never come back with 12 identical images. As it is with treasuries. What a fun thing to do, and a great way to get people thinking about colour, composition, form and meaning. 

I listed a journal before I went to bed last night, and woke up this morning to find it has sold! So this is a nice way to start my exciting day. Exciting as this afternoon I will be flying to Great Barrier Island for a few days for my (gulp) 35th birthday! I plan to partake in alot of silence and center my being, enjoy running in the fresh quiet air and listen to nature, and most probably take a sip or two of some very expensive wine. I've got a long history with the barrier, starting back in the 80s when we went over as kids. We'd stay at an olde bach by a creek, go for nature walks and beach days, play games, take drives in a rusty olde car that often didn't make it even to the local store to get a jelly tip and burn our bottoms on the leather car seats that had basked in the sun. My uncle John used to sing this hilarious song and we'd all be in total stitches for hours, 'Susanna's a funicle man'.

And I must admit, it doesn't take much to get me in stitches again, even now! It was such a weird wacky song.

I've been back to the Barrier numerous times over the years but not since 2008, and look forward to this little escape. No awls, paper, thread or needles will accompany me, so binding is put aside for a few days although I will be taking my camera and trapping images from my mind's eye.

Posting upon return. Happy days! ;D

5 comments:

  1. Congrats for the sale, I love when that happens! What a lovely way to spend your 35th birthday, sounds perfect! Wishing you a wonderful and refreshing trip, full of inspiration! Happy birthday dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. pHappy Birthday!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday for tomorrow Louise!! Have a fantastic time away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are having a brilliant time Louise. Look forward to seeing the pics :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments & thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...