Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sounds

How much do you know about me? How much do I know? What about those little daily things?

I made a list and thought I would share them piece by piece.

Today I am starting with Inspirational sounds, those that awaken me, speak to me, pierce my heart and mind. Make me want to create and be all I want to be, fill my eyes with joyous tears, search my veins for drive and subsequently find it, sounds that comfort me and bring me close to my true being... these are the sounds I love, and although there are more, these are the most prominent in my mind....


Inspirational Sounds

distant piano (right up close is totally fine too)

the roaring sea (preferably on the west coast of NZ)

flamenco guitar

the Morepork when he owns the night

swooping wings of a Tui

paper being torn by my hand (preferably in the right place)

collecting dry tea-stained papers off my plastic sheet & listening to them huddling together, thinking of what they might become


the didgeridoo


a purring cat


rain on a corrugated roof


the kettle boiling (again - I am notorious for continuously boiling the kettle even when I don't want a cup of tea)


silence


the keys on an olde typewriter


howling wind


shifting snow


a whisper in my ear

a stream in nature

my father's feet as he walks back to the house in the bush, when the rest of the house was quiet, I could hear him, he was always carrying large loads


my mother's feet as she walked down the hall to my room, her house slippers on the carpet

children playing and laughing

lawnmowers on a sunday

trickling water in a patterson tank before I take my film out to see my images


the cello


opera


crickets


and the reassuring beating of my heart





3 comments:

  1. The sounds of living, and life, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, it's a sad fact that in our busy lives we don't often take the time to think about the simple things such as these. Thank you for sharing and reminding me I should take the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely "images" Louise... some stirring old memories of my own.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments & thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...