Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Completed Commission

I wanted to share with you a recent commission, which I loved creating. The recipient was from Spain, now living in New Zealand and expecting her second child. She wanted a journal to start writing again in and for it to be particularly special. Having seen my work she was taken with a couple of my bindings but wanted something of a combination of a few... so I got to work.

Upon completion I felt like I had made an olde friend: the journal itself. It measured 5 x 7 inches, and was filled with tea-stained pages, vintage ink stamps & paper ephemera, handmade marbled paper & real photographs. I bound it in rustic olde coffee brown leather with a natural hole that I filled with a scrap of embroidered fabric. Embellished with brass rivets, it closed with a thick matching leather tie.

These books of ephemera are proving popular and currently I am creating a few more.... so watch the shelves for new work, hopefully coming sooner than later!

 

6 comments:

  1. That's beautiful. You're journals just keep getting better and better. keep up the fabulous work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your usual beautiful standard, Louise! I trust that the buyer will truly appreciate and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful creation Louise!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments & thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...