Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Blog Feature

 This morning one of my creations (along with some other fabulous creations) has been featured on this wonderful blog. Read all about it here.

If you've been following me for a while, you'll know that I like little.

Really little.
Tiny. 
Petite. 

But, not quite microscopic, as I like tiny things to also be usable & functional. 

And well, let's face it, not all of us have great eye-sight.

So with these thoughts in mind I create little things, that will become someone's treasure, somewhere.

The film Il Postino was in the back of my mind when I created this little number - and since my mind is automated to downsize almost everything, the rest is history. That set aside, I love all things Italian. I don't care what it is - the old city streets, beautiful countryside, preserved history in the architecture, gorgeous men on Vespas (is that a cliché?), the language and accent on Italian's who speak English (I would cringe if it were me reversing the situation), the way the culture seems to be born with an eye for fashion, the hospitable people and the way they are so eager to share their lives with others.

And if you may be wondering, yes, I've seen the Godfather.

And yes, I still want to go to Italy.

So while I scramble around on Waiheke Island, getting tangled in thread, buried in leather scraps & pricked by needles I keep my daydream adventure in the forefront of my mind. Meanwhile, Italy goes on without me. The me it has never met.

My Uncle Dennis (that's him below on the right with my Dad, both when they were strapping young dudes in the 50s and probably before my Dad met my Mother) has warned me that if I ever go to Italy, I'll never come back. So with this information, I thought it best to delay the adventure until I am ready to break away and just leave it all behind. I'm not married, have no children - I can go whenever I please (whether or not that is a good thing is another story). 

 L-R: Tony & Dennis

Then when I get there I'd like to whizz around Rome on the back of a Vespa like Audrey Hepburn did in Roman Holiday.

Oh, yes please...



Think I better go put those rose tinted glasses back on before I actually immerse myself in reality.



7 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure if there was a connection between Il Postino and your Il Picolo Postino necklace when I found it...the fact that there was when you created it is so very cool to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your uncle may be right, but then again, having such a beautiful place as Waiheke to come back to you may just decide to return! Now you have made me all nostalgic and wanting to go back! I bet a lot has changed in 25 years though...scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only ever visited Italy from the comfort of my armchair (read 'Heat' if you like Italian food/culture) Perhaps that's because I do have a husband and child. I would go while you're free as a bird and let the wind take you where it will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I visited more than 20 years ago as a 10 year old and was awe-struck. Of all the places we went to in Europe Venice and Florence were my favourites - probably Venice more so for the amazing blown glass - fabulous! Wouldn't it be wonderful to alternate a few months on Waiheke, a few in Italy? What a beautiful selection of items you featured in, thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments... now you're teasing me with Italy tempters!! I'll have to start stashing away those pennies...

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'While' I'm free as a bird?? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) I agree with you completely. And you know I also want to go, so let's, *while* we are still free!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments & thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...