Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Making room for the new...

The Conservator has gone.

Only 24 hours I had it, and this afternoon it began its journey to Dublin. A new life awaits. 

What will be conserved? I wonder...

I had a wee journal made and ready, but constant perpetuating rain yesterday made for little light, so I had to wait for it to pass to list my new creation. I've just completed the photography shoot, and it's feeling pretty well chuffed from all the attention - I'll let it rest on the shelf awhile. You can see it now on my Etsy shelves...



I'm very excited, as I've been collecting all these wooden spools lately, I've got loads of them now. And since my recently new addition of coloured linen thread is so inspiring, I've been wanting to find fitting ways to show it off, that will create a longing in me to bind, bind & bind some more. I couldn't believe it when I came across the perfect thing! 


It sits upright, and I see it when I walk into my studio - and yes, it makes me want to bind, bind & bind some more!

The perfect little space to house the vintage spools, bound in colour & splendor, waiting to become something but sure enough in themselves, the little beauties! There's even a little space to put my awls, wax and surplus supply of needles... 

I haven't been this excited since I got new furniture for my dolls house (a long time ago now I assure you...)

I hope you, my dear readers, are enjoying your weekend!



2 comments:

I love to read your comments & thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...