Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Country Journal

 Thoughts while binding.

A young woman, is wandering through a meadow. She wears a pretty summer white dress made of lightweight linen which does not suggest her figure nor hide it. Worn across her chest is a handmade caramel leather satchel which sports a floral fabric patch. As I watch her in my mind's eye walking barefoot, I can hear the dry grass crackling under her feet. In the distance she can see heatwaves forming which blur out the yonder like a wide aperture.

As a gust of wind picks up, she holds onto her summer straw hat to keep it from flying away. The air is warm, almost as though she had walked past an exhaust pipe on a car and felt the heat on her legs for a split second...but the second e-l-o-n-g-a-t-e-s.

She thinks of words to write...if only she had some paper....

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to finally take a moment to let you know how much I love your creations, very inspiring. I also enjoyed this bit of story ... thank you for sharing.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your words Susan, I must say I was also taken away when I visited your blog - doing so left me wandering in amazing places notably small houses and gypsy wagons and stories of incredible people living creative lives! Love your leather work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Utterly charming Louise - Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments & thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...