Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Smile Lines

It's spring.

From the unpredictable days,
through sunshine, wind & rain,
as heat moves slowly through the air,
to form somewhat of a summer,

A journal has emerged.


I watched it form,
take shape as I scoured my buckets and old treasure houses for a piece of leather,
which would suffice.

Being a Libran I'm known to be rather indecisive,
or quite particular when it comes to creating.
I simply had to find the appropriate leather,
to say what I wanted to say.

I just got a year older,
and well, I would like to think that the lines that appear on my face,
are from all the smiling I've done,
up until now.

So, after I discovered this delicious piece of leather which came from the same wallet as The Journeyman and also Mr. Camel Doodler, I was happy that I could actually,
make a decision.

I got out the museum polish and worked this piece of beauty to resurrect some sure fire smiles from years of traveling - I wondered where this wallet had been,
who had handled it,
how much money it contained,
if it contained money at all...


and Smile Lines was born.
Some years after I was, but on the same day.

A special little book,
waiting for a friend.
I think I even saw,
it wink.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely little story and I hope you had a happy day. I keep pretending they're all smile lines too! Go well F

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely fantastic! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your lovely comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think I just increased my smile lines, smiling at your story :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are so beautiful, it feels like caressing that awesome leather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Mel and Lucie for your sweet comments, they warm my heart. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments & thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...