Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Rider

I've had this beautiful leather for a very long time, and finally got the courage to take it apart - and subsequently part with it. It was an olde child's camel seat used during WW2. Very enchanting. It was shaped like a giant knuckle bone (remember those? I was quite the expert if I recall...). I didn't take a photo of it - silly me! But now I shall make it into a series of wee books, making each one unique as it will feature tiny snippets from the hand painted image that was on the front.

Here is the first.




3 comments:

  1. Wow Louise,a hard decision it must have been with the hand-painted image - where to cut!! It's divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully made & utterly unique - and already sold! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wee snippet of history makes your lovely little book all the more charming Louise :)

    Have a wonderful Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback, so please feel free to write your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...