Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

An Eco Sunday

A visit to The French Art Shop on Saturday morning saw me come home with two giant rolls of Fabriano Eco Paper under my arm. I love going to that store and have been doing so for over 15 years. 
In fact, I was once the barista at the adjacent cafe (now closed, but not because of my coffee) and the owner would come in for one of my lovely caffè latte's. 
I like to support small businesses if I can, and going in to this store is very special to me after so long.

Today, I laid that paper roll out on the table and proceeded to fold & tear until it was the fraction of its original size. Some of it, has now become two new journals. It's such beautiful paper and I recommend it to any artist, writer or such out there who would like an exquisite surface to write on.

For this journal Nestled in Greenery, I couldn't decide whether or not to use mint green thread or forest green thread. So I went and used them both - I quite like the effect, what do you think? Maybe I'll make more of them. Hell, maybe I'll make a whole rainbow.









When I say wrinkly, I mean really wrinkly, this fellow has a beautiful soft coat.
I am but a slow worker that must learn to get faster, however I seem to become attached to creations while creating and they get a good fussing over.
And so they should.

 

6 comments:

  1. A rainbow would be great, but these are beautiful of course. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most beautifully fabulous journal I have ever seen... Exquisite !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the mint green and the forest together - fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The French Art Shop is a favourite of mine too and I have roll of the same paper... :) If possible, I think your work is becoming even more refined. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much for your lovely comments, they mean alot to me! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments / thoughts. Don't be shy :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...