Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's A Wrap

One of the first wee books I sold on Etsy was this sweet little wrapped up journal. I came up with the design one rainy Sunday afternoon and thought I'd just try it as a small book, but really wanted to make a giant one. 

I thought I'd share with you a few of the wrap styles I've played around with.

 
 


 
 
 



 
 This journal above I sold at a local market to an artist, so never wrote about it. It was about 5 x 4 inches, I remember how it felt to run my fingers over the soft leather... when the customer took it away I waved goodbye in my heart...


 
 
 
 Wrapped up Words  - Sold August 2010

Since then, I still have not made the giant one, but I have made larger ones - I thought I'd give them a comeback.

So, over the last couple of days I have rustled together a new version of these babies, and made it into a wee necklace. It's a little larger than my other miniature book necklaces but I like the rusticity of this, with all the wrapped up leather. A project I much enjoy. 







Now available on Etsy!



3 comments:

  1. lovely and creative designs - there is something magical in wrapping things away; then unwrapping the magic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These wrap ups are stunning! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just gorgeous! Very cute secret journal wrapped and tied. Adorable and beautifully made. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments / thoughts. Don't be shy :)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...