Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

The Archivist

I've been working on this journal for a while, and finally completed it today. The leather is from my collection of vintage tooled book covers, which I have slowly started to go through and use. It took me two years to think I might use one, and now I'm not so afraid. Each is handcrafted and so beautiful. 

This journal measures 4 ¼ x 5 ¾ inches with a hefty 2 inch-thick spine. It's decorated with my extensive collection of vintage rubber stamps - this time with a butterfly theme, along with little snippets of vintage paper ephemera. I could stick things in it all day long, it's very time consuming. 

Hours go by. 

I have many scrapbooks from my past which I did this with. I didn't actually make the books. I'd add all sorts of things from receipts to business cards, photographs, torn pages from books (terrible!), cafe napkins, chocolate wrappers, coffee spillages et al. Some of them looked just wonderful as nothing matched. No theme at all. Just my life. I'll have to dig one of these out to share with you.

Check out this new journal in my Etsy store by clicking on the link below, or on any of the images.







7 comments:

  1. Its uniqueness is worthless... Splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful creation, beautiful inside and outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful book, and I love the idea of placing things inside for a "pre-foddered" visual journal. When you glue items directly on the text paper, what adhesive do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "No theme at all. Just my life." I love these words! Your new book is unique and perfect too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Lucie, Teo, Erin & Stephania for your comments! I'm glad you enjoy this book. Erin I've been creating these what I like to call 'ephemera' journals for a few years now. I love how they evolve and they've been popular with customers. I use a mix of acid free glue & double sided adhesive for conservation work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I would love to see one of your scrapbooks - do share :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments & thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...