Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Essence of Thought

Slowly I've been running low on large pieces of leather from my giant stash. I keep finding these beautiful pieces, and I'm thinking ...if only it were a little bigger!! And I've come to thinking I am going to stitch a few together. It's actually alot of fun, as when I dive into the bags, I am looking for half a cover, instead of a whole. I get to complete a puzzle, of sorts, in my head.

I've done this a few times now over the years, and until I get a hold of some more leather that I can reclaim as the property of Bibliographica (until it takes flight to another place) I'm going to pursue this way of working.

What do we think?


I created one last week and it sold the next day. So I have just completed this one, The Essence of Thought.  




This journal measures 6 x 4 ¾ inches with a 1 ¾ inch-thick spine. I love the stitching on the back the most, I think. How about you?



Check it out HERE, or by clicking on any of the images which will take you to the listing in my store.

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. I always love to read your feedback! :)

7 comments:

  1. Love the bi-colored patch! and the spine is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the two-piece cover is wonderful! I'm really liking the tooled details and the handstitched details!
    Resourcefulness is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you combine your elements. The small additional patch on the cover with this almost unfinished look makes really the difference here. Marvelous piece, Louise and what a perfect name you found for it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucie, Aniko & Stephania, thank you so much for your feedback! I love all the things you have brought out for me to notice, so very helpful and glad you like it! I guess it does look kind of unfinished, I think I am attracted to that as I don't ever see my work as complete - the writer does that, right? :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning books. I love the addition of the metal pieces on the cover, the torn leather, and the wonderful postcard waiting for the lucky person to open this book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seth - thank you so much for stopping by and for your kind comments. It is wonderful to get feedback! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's fabulous - the bringing together of two to make one!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments & thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...