Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Preservator

This is my largest journal yet. I've been working on it for quite some time. At first I was afraid of making something like this, but I let go of my fears and let my creativity flow. I feel proud of the finished piece. There is much detailed work involved and lengthy preparation of materials. I've loved every moment of it. Like a good book that you don't want to end, I feel sad that I have completed it! I shall have to begin another.

It measures 11 ¼ x 4 ¼ inches, with a hefty 2 ¾ inch-thick spine, and has a myriad of famous quotes & affirmations relating to travel and self exploration, which have hand torn edges.

Now available in my Etsy store.

 
 





9 comments:

  1. WOW! that is a really impressive journal! it seems to me it has a brave, carefree, break-the-mould kind of 'soul'. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. an AMAZING piece or art!! superb and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning .. I love it .. the detailed stitching .. & I absolutely love the lace peeking out .. an heirloom. WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is soo incredible, really love the writing inside, it is soo dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy, Aniko, Connie, Luthien, Lisa & Galatea - thank you so much for your feedback! Maybe when I'm feeling really bold I'll make an even bigger one! ;) This was a challenge to stitch I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this book is just spectacular!! I so want to hold it and savour the aromas and thoughts it embodies. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback, so please feel free to write your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...