Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Memoirs

My part time work as a wedding photographer has certainly influenced me over the last four years. I have seen so many guest books, and wanted to begin incorporating this theme into my own work.

With this in mind, I made a variation of the book featured in my previous post. It has a very unique bohemian, gypsy style about it - shabby-chic, if you like (even though I prefer to shy away from that theme and call it something else), or even French.

The leather on this book is very worn and weathered, sporting some marks, stains and such. I have worked it even more to produce a journal that looks old and full of stories - although as yet, have no words on the pages... 

The future awaits.

Now available in my Etsy store

Memoirs  
Memoirs
Memoirs
Memoirs 
Memoirs

5 comments:

  1. That's an interesting thought there - сtarting a story in a journal that already has one. Love the old romantic look, it is inviting to write down something that comes from the heart. It is a journal one should have when waking up from a dream with a very clever thought in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really love this. that supple leather and those weathered linen buttons are really having a conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very beautiful book, I just adore the fabrics and patterns. Amazing buttons, and beautiful leather work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Louise :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback, so please feel free to write your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...