Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

an air of change

the day breaks, and my mind is full of last night's dream,
being swept down a river in an insanely strong current 
not fearing for my life, just yelling out 
to the faceless person on the shore line that,
 "wow, it's so strong!" 
i can now still feel the water 
sucking at me,
trying to swallow my legs,
as i battled to get out.

i'm not sure if I did.

in waking life, these days the only music i hear in my head is 
(this extract taken from Pina Bausch's mesmerizing & exquisite dance)

it seems to go with everything - 
my constitution, emotion, energy
and the change in the air.

incidentally it also happens to be
one of my favourite compositions
resurrecting nearly every emotion of
human nature,
in one piece.
genius.

Stravinsky, what a daring, talented
man you were.


only a step outside is telling that
spring is well on its way.
something which fills me with gratitude.

warmth, i have missed you.
the sun kisses my face, warms my being,
once again.
little creatures come back to life in the bush,
birds are singing.

here is a little insight into my studio, late yesterday afternoon.


  






2 comments:

  1. That was a beautiful piece of poetry! "...Warmth, I have missed you." Memorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments & thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...