Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Mottled Memoirs

I've been working on this journal for several days now - mainly the paper, which I have worked over and over to achieve a richly stained effect. When I first began to make journals I made my paper appear this way, and I think I might start returning to it again... now & then. 

This journal is very rustic, worn & aged. The reclaimed leather has been hand distressed and varnished producing very rich, warm tones. To hold it, feels like it's already had a life (or several), and stories to tell... however, the pages are blank.

Waiting...

I love the endpapers in particular. I was only able to get a few sheets of this, and when I find it again, I'm going to snap it up! It's gorgeous, reminds me of little old tiles.

'Mottled Memoirs' - now available on Etsy

Mottled Memoirs






3 comments:

  1. The textures and colors in this are incredible. LOVE your end papers, too. This is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my how lovely. I love the heavily distressed look and those beautifully deeply stained pages. Another amazing beauty!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback, so please feel free to write your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...