Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Last of April

Creating has been a little slow for me this month, but I'm getting back in the wheel again with a bout of gusto. I guess like writer's block, an artist can have artist's block, or photographer's block, or whatever you might like to call it.

Do you get this?

Some days, I can walk into the studio and feel like a kid in a playground full of the best toys in the world. Then I'll have days I just see a mound of mess and I'm not quite sure what to make of it. Usually if in the latter state of mind, I'll take a long walk in nature or just clean up. 

For those of you who know me will know that while I love taking long walks, I also love to run. In the past I'd always obsessed over my times, and taken a watch with me without fail, timing myself down to the second to see if I could beat my last time. Lately I have been running without a watch, or an iPod, which I very much enjoy. It's become the meditation it used to be, and I like to keep it this way. In finding my rhythm of breath, I return to my artistic thoughts, meditations and designs for future work. The watch may indeed return in the future, but for now it sits without a battery on the table. It's fine with me. Apparently, time is an illusion anyway. 

Here are a few images of some new work, two new books, now listed in my Etsy store. To read more about each book, you can click on the link below each photo.

Further on...something I've been working on for a while... finally coming to fruition.

Winter is fast approaching and it's something I'm looking forward to.... warm knits, fires, and endless cups of tea... running with gloves and seeing my breath infront of me... bliss.


Ticker

Confidant
A 15-strong miniature library... all with blue pages...





4 comments:

  1. Louise as you know I have these "blocked" moments too and I find the walk is meditative for me too, as if the movement of the body, the rhythm of the breathing are a mechanism producing ideas, creative thoughts. This and nourishing myself with beautiful things : images, music, reading...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I go into my studio, Louise, and have the same blockade you speak of. This can last for a week, or even more. Like you and Lucie, I try and get out into nature, or experience something exquisite--like a great homemade meal, or a trip to a distant city. Sometimes making something as simple as a little sachet gets me out of the doldrums.

    I love your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful new books and particularly the intricate miniature library is fantastic! Perfectly formed, love the leather and stitching work.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback, so please feel free to write your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...