Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Ledgers & Things

Another miniature sketchbook got made -
ledger style with fold out pages. Get it here.



A large leather journal was put together,
 with some raw-edged remnants I dug for in the studio.





A ledger format journal was created,
 with a dragonfly theme - 
we all know it wasn't going to be long,
 before one of these showed up in my store again ....








Between all this, I found a vintage map and wanted to stain it. 
It pained me to tear it into bits in the first place, 
but I had bought it specifically to use 
as endpapers for travel journals
 - and so it goes. 
It was backed with linen, 
and of course this detached itself in the staining process. 
I marveled at this event, 
I felt like an archaeologist - 
yet lacking the appropriate tools to handle these artifacts.  
With wide eyes, 
it seemed like laying out pieces of skin, 
piece after piece, 
delicate and old.



 


I will of course return with updates.


3 comments:

  1. Such beautiful journals, and breathing life and love into the antique map. Love the insights into your creative talents and processes :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading about your work process, Louise. The ledger is...well, what can I say: BEAUTIFUL! I love mine so much and have it in the hand every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the shape of the ledger. . . and just the word alone has inspired my 10 minute book writing today. A mystery about "the ledger". . a tally of magic and spells and all things spirited and unseen. And a keep of the ledger to hold these secrets close. :) I'll share it with you when it is completed.

    These are ALL beautiful and inspired. A weaving of possibility and endless creative fire. . . .

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback, so please feel free to write your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...