Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

Whisper

Life has got quiet, and I thought I'd make a pair of miniature book earrings to reflect this new, welcomed quietude in my life.  I've left the hustle of suburbia in favour of rural living, and I am wondering why I did not do this earlier. To wake with the sound of ocean roar, faint calls of cows & sheep, birds flying high, and the stillness of nature, is like a dream. I sit with my espresso and journal at this early hour before starting my day.



Just listed in my Etsy store, these tiny earrings are only 22 mm x 18 mm wide. I adored making them, even if they are fiddly things, they create a sense of calm about me, like most of my bookbinding work does. I walk into the studio like it's my own little Narnia.







2 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to be out of the hustle and bustle! I can go visit hustle and bustle any time I miss it. lol
    Your earrings are wonderful. I hope to be able to purchase a book of yours this year. I love everything you do! I would buy them all if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delight... both those fiddly but endearing earrings and the words about your new rural home.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments & thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...