Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2016

A Parcel from St-Nazaire

A dear friend and talented jeweler Lucie Tales and I, made another trade. We have done so in the past which was such a delight, and since we both loved it so much decided to do so again. I love all her pieces, created with such precision and care, utilizing the new and the old, bringing forth the most unique beautiful pieces for day and night time wear.

I have had so many comments on the earrings I have worn that she made, I lose count. Even when I wear my long hair down, people can see them sparkling and want to see more, "Let me see??", they say, and I tuck my hair in around my ears for a better view.

I love to wear jewels created by my beautiful online friends that I have met. To me, these are my online sistas - you know who you are. :) We have all been supportive of eachother since the start, and we still keep going today. Lucie is one of those special souls...

So, I created another journal for Lucie, and I chose some earrings from her store. This is the journal I made for her. She loved the lace & leather books I have made in the past, so I chose to use these elements in her book.










So, when my parcel arrived, I was delighted as you can imagine. All the way from St-Nazaire in France to Karekare in New Zealand. I am even keeping the (empty) parcel.

These delectables were inside, including the beautiful earrings which have the most amazing detail.. as you can see. 

Pop over to her store to see what she has on offer. Links to her Facebook page & Instagram can also be found here.













5 comments:

  1. Opening packages from far off lands is still one of the most thrilling things in the world to me! I love that you shared this exchange Louise and what a lovely trade. Of course, you know I am fawning over the KEYS! :) The earrings are gorgeous as well and I think the colours suit you/your work. They remind me of one of your journals. . . absolutely divine.

    I have been thinking of a design for the figurine for our trade. . . I hope to begin on it later in the summer. :)
    I hope you are well and getting back in the swing since your absence.
    xo
    nicolas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by, Nicolas! And I must include you as a 'brother' in my list of special souls. I look forward to our trade, eeek! :D Yes it's good to be back... thanks for noticing. A bit of a shake up..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two top artists, a trade made in heaven. I love both of your work, and I can second what Nicolas stated in his comment--a complete thrill to get something handmade from someone abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my dear friend, your post made my day!!! Thank you so much :D I'm so glad we "met" and I hope one day we'll meet in person, I feel like we've been friends for ever, your journal are parts of my everyday life, they are witness of my creative wanderings and our work are responding each other at perfection. Pure bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, thank you so much for your words. I also loved trading with you, the times I had with your beautiful bag before it was stolen were precious...! Soon again.. I hope to trade..

    And Lucie, I feel the same way. You're such a sweet soul. It means alot to me to have these little things in my life especially at the moment. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback, so please feel free to write your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...