Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

A Tiny Binding with Tiny Findings

This one...

I decided to make another Little Artist.

While searching for a lovely rustic scrap of leather,
I found this tiny antique pencil which 
I thought I had lost.

Instantly I saw it dressing the cover flap.

Once the book was complete,
I added the endpapers,
and again - in my mind, 
I remembered this tiny
scrap of an envelope 
which I had kept for years. 

I had put it aside in a not-so-safe place,
to remind myself to scan it.
So then I could enlarge it - 
would you look at that handwriting?

I turned the studio upside down 
and there it was, waiting for me to find it.

I decided that it would just spend 
the rest of its days
preserved in this little wearable.

I am happy with this creature.

More to come.








6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Doesn't it! I was thrilled to find it.

      Delete
  2. It's all part of a wonderful, timeless dream. . . all meant to be brought to the world of the here and now thru your hands and your heart. So very beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds wonderful Nicolas, thank you for stopping by:)

      Delete

I love to read your comments & thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...