Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Squirreled Away

I often wonder if I can bring myself to use the special treasures I have squirreled away in my studio. While working, I see them, and think... no, I will use that next time. Because the reality is, I become attached to such things. 

Trinkets, treasures & mystical forms are within reach & sight, all the while. They inspire me, as my eye turns for breath after so much concentration, and sparkles in contact with these wonders. I lay them out - muse over them; think of what the finished piece will look like, or become - once it is paired with this or that.

Sometimes I will find the tiny thing first, and the journal will begin from seeing it. But truthfully I don't plan my books, they take shape as I go, and carve their own path. As I have mentioned before, they are like an uncontrollable dog on a leash, and I have to go along with it.

Dipping into boxes and such, I created some new pieces, two of which I share below. 



  







 


8 comments:

  1. I love the image of a dog on a leash...exactly how it goes with me, Louise. What beautiful living examples of art--because they really transcend being static objects through the written word or drawn image...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dawn. I see that in your work too, they have such character...those new pouches are beautiful.x

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! and I feel the very same way about collections all around, I want to use them but I also want to keep them to gaze at, to pick up and hold and to just know they are there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! I think I will use some of them in a new run of Storytellers I am creating.. :)

      Delete
  3. I so love the process of not knowing where a creation is going to take me.... to settle in and let it lead the way. These are stunning. Love the heft of them when you show them in your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am guilty of the same. . I have more accessories for ideas than I have ideas. and most of them, if I am honest, I didn't really buy or save for those ideas, I saved them for my own personal treasure chest. :) Lovely, lovely work, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your feedback, so please feel free to write your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...